Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gifts for baby Jasmine

Clock made from a book
Jasmine (my nephew's daughter) is 6 weeks old and she needs something cool for her bedroom wall. With this in mind I decided to make her a clock from one of my favourite books
Where the Wild Things Are
.

I used this excellent tutorial.
I had originally thought that I could find a second-hand copy of the book but, when I couldn't, I had to buy a new copy.
The hardest part was cutting into this beautiful book but when I made the decision to cut out and save the inside pages for another project it became a little easier, but only a little easier. Originally I wanted to add numbers but I like the look of it uncluttered.

I also crocheted her a bib from the book
Baby Crochet by Lois Daykin.
By the way, the top edge is only wonky in the picture.
I'd take a better pic but it's not in my hands anymore.





I found some cute Peter Rabbit material and sewed some
reversible bibs from this tutorial.


3 comments:

Joan of Dark said...

That clock is such a great idea! I have to try that for my niece!

Julie said...

I love the crocheted bib! Very cute. I may crocheting some tie bibs for my babygirl. Did you use cotton yarn?

sukigirl said...

Thanks!

Joan, I love the fact that this project can be personalized ...I hope you let me know if you end up making one.

Diva...yes I used a 4 ply cotton yarn to make it. I had never used a crochet hook as small as 3.5 mm before so for me that was quite small! LOL1

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...