Sunday, January 25, 2009

A little mushroom house

I used this great free pattern from Crochet Me and made it into a little house.
It's 5 inches high and made with scrap worsted weight yarn and a size 5 mm hook.
The top part has a lid and is hollow so I can store buttons, or paperclips.

I didn't want it to tip over when filled so I put a magnet inside the trunk and I'll probably place it onto a metal base. I'm thinking of making a few of them, all lined up on a shelf or window sill to help keep my work space tidy.
The cute owl that is beside it is needle felted and was made by coltpixy

5 comments:

coltpixy said...

That mushroom is adorable! I love that it is also a box. Just too cool!

Nena3110 said...

something different and very beutifull.

sukigirl said...

Thank you both....
honestly, I almost pitched him, until I decided to turn it into a little house.

Misty said...

Your mushroom is great! Did you do anything special to make the top part of the mushroom pouf up? I just finished one and the top of mine looks deflated. :)

I think it would be awesome if you made several to store things in.

sukigirl said...

Thank you La Manosa,
I used the stiffest, scratchiest yarn I could find in my stash. It was terrible crocheting with it,
it was really hard on my fingers but it worked.

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...